Long Island Business Report on WLIW21 in New York won a Folio Award from Long Island’s Fair Media Council in the best Talk Show/Commentary category. The program also received an award from the Press Club of Long Island, the Society of Professional Journalists, in “Business” programming.
Long Island Business Report which launched in January, saw a steady, sustained rise in the ratings in its inaugural season. LIBR started with no measurable ratings from Nielsen. It grew to a (.1) then a (.2) and peaked at a (.3) which means 27,000 households viewed on Wednesday at 7:00 pm in the NY Metro area. That is an exceptional number for a PBS station. The program repeats on Thursday at 11:30pm and Sunday at 9:30am and is gaining ratings in those time periods.
Long Island Business Report provides an in-depth look at what needs to be accomplished to make Long Island a better place to live and work by exploring economic and business trends. This seasons guests included many of the top names in business, technology, health care and transportation.
- David Calone, Suffolk County Planning Commission
- John Cameron, Chairman, Long Island Regional Planning Council
- Nancy Rauch Douzinas, President, Rauch Foundation
- Michael J. Dowling, President, North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Randi Dresner, President and CEO, Island Harvest
- Peter J. Elkowitz, President & CEO, The Long Island Housing Partnership
- Mark Fasciano, Entrepreneur and Managing Director, Canrock Ventures
- Marianne Garvin, President & CEO, Community Development Corporation of Long Island
- Ken Gatz, Founder & CEO, ProSeeder Technologies, LLC
- Ann Golob, Director, Long Island Index
- Mark Hamer, Principal, Timber Ridge Homes
- Donna Haynes, President, Women Economic Developers
- · Andrew Hazen, Founder & CEO, Angel Dough Ventures
- Dr. Benjamin Hsiao, VP for Research, Stony Brook University
- Kevin Law, President and CEO, Long Island Association
- Mark Lesko, Executive Director Accelerate Long Island
- Lawrence Levy, Exec. Dean, National Center for Suburban Studies at Hofstra University
- Maureen L. Mackenzie, Ph.D. PHR, Professor of Business, Molloy College
- George Maragos, Nassau County Comptroller
- Don Monti, CEO, Renaissance Downtowns
- John Murcott, CEO & Cofounder, Karma411
- David M. Okorn, Executive Director, Long Island Community Foundation
- David Pennetta, SIOR, Principal, Oxford & Simpson Realty, Inc.
- Paul Pontieri, Mayor, Patchogue
- Pete Retalliata, President, Air Industries
- Joseph Sawicki Jr., Suffolk County Comptroller
- Anne Shybunko-Moore, President, GSE Dynamics
- Cindy Smith, President & CEO, IQ Strategy Group, Inc.
- Dr. Bruce Stillman President, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Jarrett Walker, President, Jarrett Walker + Associates
- Helena Williams, President, Long Island Rail Road
Long Island Business Report is a collaboration between Paymar Communications Group and WLIW21 the fourth most watched PBS station in America.
Long Island Business Report is taped at Molloy College on Long Island and airs in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, all five boroughs of New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut and Westchester County.
If you can’t watch us on TV, watch Long Island Business Report on the web at
http://www.wliw.org/libr and go to our press room for additional information. http://www.wliw.org/21pressroom/l/long-island-business-report-2/1031/
There is additional press coverage on the Long Island Business Report: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102697469384-36/Info+packet.pdf